Skip to content
Home > About Us > Finance


Running a country village church is now a major financial exercise and we are very blessed in Brockenhurst with a community of generous givers who enable our work to thrive despite difficult financial circumstances.

The church will spend about £206,600 this year. Of this 60% will be donations to charities and money given to the diocesan Common Mission Fund to support the work of the broader church. The other 40% is spent on maintenance, salaries and other day-to-day running expenses.

Our income comes from donations, Gift Aid (claimed on donations), collections, fees for weddings and funerals and trading activities such as hiring of the church hall.  Donations, collections and the Gift Aid claimed on these amounts to 85% of our income. This year we originally antipated that income would fall short of expenditure by about £7,000 (3% of expenditure).

To enable our work to continue we need your support.  Most (70%) of our income comes from regular donations and we would encourage you to give in this way if you are able.

As a result of the pandemic our 2020 income will be less than we originally budgeted. Our churches have been closed and we have not been able to hire out the church hall or receive the anticipated level of wedding and funeral fees or collections.  However we have benefitted from the the Government Job Retention Scheme grants which have covered the pay of some staff that had to be furloughed.  So we are in a reasonable financial position. 

Details of how you can make regular
or one off donations